7 DAYS OF PRAYER AND FASTING
We want to begin the year 2022 by praying and fasting at Ephrata Church. We want to encourage all the congregation and our friends to participate in this week of prayer and fasting.
WHY FAST & PRAY?
Fasting is a transformational spiritual discipline—and prayer is a gift that directly connects us to our Father in heaven. Combined, fasting intensifies prayer allowing us to break free from strongholds, receive healing and guidance, grow in wisdom and so much more. We are then more effective for God’s purposes. Together, fasting and prayer produce an incredible force against which Hell cannot prevail.
In the New Testament, Jesus made mention of “when we fast” (not “if”), telling us that this should be a regular discipline in our lives. If you’ve never fasted, now is the best time, because we’re doing it together!
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM A FAST (Excerpt from “You Are Not What You Weigh” by Lisa Bevere)
1) Fasting Creates a New Hunger
“So we fasted and petitioned our God about this, and he answered our prayer.” ~Ezra 8:23 (NIV)
2) Fasting Increases Sensitivity to God
3) Fasting Works Humility
4) Fasting Chastens or Disciplines
5) Fasting Changes Our Appetite
6) Fasting Increases Our Capacity
7) Fasting Brings Answers to Prayer
8) Fasting Leads to Quick Healing
9) Fasting Opens the Door to God’s Protection & Provision